Auto clicking is cheating.
If you must be away from your computer use the PAUSE button on your HUD. DO NOT use any scripts or third party device or software that will keep your avatar attacking while your AWAY. This is cheating. When we catch you we will delete your scores, We do not care if you were playing 100% honest for a year and cheated only the one time, Cheating is cheating. Please don't do it.
If you suspect a player cheating report it to us, Give full AV name, date and location. We may reward you if we catch the cheater.
Remember this is a GAME, there is no grand reward for holding a high score, enjoy it, have fun, relieve stress, but DO NOT CHEAT.
GCS 2.40 Release
- New Interface design, with buttons consolidated into >Options< and >Advanced<
- sub menus will auto hide in mouselook.
- Options buttons contain the following buttons
- -Skins: for changing the look of the interface
- -Target: toggles the hud crosshairs on and off
- -PVP: shows if pvp is on (green) or off (red).
- note:if system owner has not locked this button it toggleable by the player.
- -Scores: which scores to display on the hud
- -All Time: the players all time scores
- -Weekly: scores for this current week.
- -Local: scores for this sim.
- note:when or if these are cleared is up to the owner
- -Group: scores for your group. (see groups)
- Quest: toggles the display of the quest window.
- Group: opens group submenu.. See Below.
- * New: Groups
- Groups are only for the current session, they do not last past a hud detach or leaving the sim. Groups are to encourage coopertive play all players in the group will share the kills and xp gained since they have joined the group. Any time someone joins or leaves the group, the pool of points is split equally with the current group members, Up to 6 people can be in a group.
- Note: any quests which require the killing of a certain number of monsters will not work while in a group.
- Group interface can be accessed from Advanced-> Groups
- Create: to create a group.
- the player that creates the group is the owner of that group. if the group owner is ejected from the group, Create will rejoin that group.
- Invite: Lets the player invite others to the group.
- anyone can invite to the group. must be standing within 20m to select them
- Eject: Eject someone from the group. any member may eject any other member.
- the creator of the group cannot be ejected.
- Leave: Leaves the group.
- Group window: toggles display of the group window to show players in the group.
- Note: this window is the same as the quest window, so showing the quest window will override the group window, and vice versa.
- * New quest type support.
- * Much better support for GCS weapons. Recheck Level no longer needed weapons will level up in real time.
- * New Power stat added. this is used for certain GCS weapons.
- * Support for more completed quests.. previous versions only supported 75 completed quest gridwide.
- * Active and completed quests now saved on the server. only quest from the region will be loaded in and shown on the quest screen.
- * Potions and hud items now saved on the server. This will prevent the loss of items due to sim crashes and other problems. Getting a new hud will automatically transfer Hud Items and quest. so nothing is ever lost.
- * Skins load much faster, and can be updated and new skins added after release.
- *** AND MANY MANY BUG FIXES
- NEW LEVEL SYSTEM
- We have totally revamped the levels for players. This change will go into effect at all places that have updated their system. Once you enter one of these places you will be leveled up to the new level in a short time. Once you have leveled up that level will not go back down when entering a place that has not updated yet because of the way the old system worked.
- Your Level will go up considerably, and it should take far less time to continue to level up than it does in the previous system.
- you will gain all the bonuses of health,armor, and power that you previously gained. This is going to make you much stronger and harder to kill for now
- on the down side. you will lose more XP from dieing than you did previously due to the higher level
- more will be published on this at a latter date
- We are Re-releasing all GCS weapons to conform to the new levels, you WILL want to update your weapon as soon as you level up
- All the weapons have gotten a big improvement and some changes
- Most of the melee weapons include a new power attack. it will use some of the power on your hud when used.
- If the weapon includes a power attack and you are sufficient level and have enough power to use it. you will see a power button on your hud. click it to use the attack. or a gesture is provided with the weapons if to use it in mouselook
- the Gestures provided with the weapons will work with any of the GCS weapons so you don't need to activate them all for each weapon
- We have left the gestures modifiable so players can customize the key bound to them to their liking
- The Guns have a new bullet type on them
- advantages of raycast bullets are that you are not lagging the sim
- it is much fast, espically at a distance. The bullet does not need time to fly through the air so much
- Closer range. because of how prim bullets need to be rezzed they can be ineffective at point blank range. raycast does not have this problem at all
- GCS Damage- this is the normal prim bullet, will work with the LL damage system if needed
- Hybrid Raycast- This is mostly a raycast mode, but will shoot out a prim bullet every 5 shots as a tracer bullet
- NEW WEAPON SWITCHING SYSTEM
- For those of you who own multiple GCS weapons you can now wear multiple weapons at once, but only use one at a time
- there will be no more conflict with the weapon menus when wearing multiple weapons. If you are wearing multiple weapons you will first get a weapon selection menu that lists all the weapons you are currently wearing
- you can use gestures to cycle through drawing the weapons
- Weapons will draw with the last bonus and settings you had enabled
- This had a side effect of not being able t use multiple weapons at once. which we never liked people doing anyway!
- Some Owners may want to enable RolePlay mode for their sim/parcel. This will cause the weapons to run out of ammo and you will need to find ammo pickups (which hopefully they have remembered to place around the area)
- when RP mode is enabled the hud screen will tell you how many clips you have left when you reload or pickup ammo
- Raycast: this rezzing nothing and is the most efficient for the sim.
New Beta Hud
Come visit Grimly's Bloodbath & Beyond, In the main lobby next to the usual HUD giver is a BETA HUD giver, We invite you to give it a try. It has been updated and we are hoping it will be released soon. Please report any bugs or issues with this to HUD to us directly in world. Write a detailed description of the bug or issue on a note card include the date and your location, Putting a landmark of the location in the note card would be very helpful. It will help up determine if your issue is caused by a HUD bug, or incompatible conditions such as old outdated GCS door scripts which do not work with the new Beta HUD.
Beware of GCS Compatiblity
There is becoming an increasing amount of products claiming "GCS Compatible" on the weapons market. Beware of some of these products as almost none of the creators have contacted us about making them compatible. With each update there are security holes patched up as we find more and more cheaters. This will often break these products, and it will be up to the creators of those to update them. Which most have no time invested in them at all as they are full perm kits and off the shelf scripts and no way to update them with customers.
So while they may be a cheap purchase they will have a limited life with GCS. Now I am not saying this to simply push our own products. But our weapons and products will
GCS is a constant work in progress as we find ways to make it more fun, work better and be more fair for those who are competitive.